Thanks to Qari ‘Amir Kamil for typing the questions!
== Answered Questions ==
- Why is it so difficult to fogive those who wronged you? Why is it important to do so, especially in Ramadan?
- Regarding the hadith, “Whoever fasts Ramadan …”, the sisters don’t get to fast the whole month due to impurity. Would that hadith not apply to us then?
- What is your advice to young adults seeking extensive knowledge of deen, but unable to do so and caught in modern “academia?”
- If a Muslim girl and a guy do their nikah without the knowledge of their parents, and the reason that they do it is for the sake of sexual intercourse, is their nikah accepted from Allah (SWT)?
- As a graduate or medical student, am I exempt from fasting? I believe it is important to put your heart into Ramadan and glucose is very important for the brain. To learn the material well (an not be exhausted), I do not fatigued
= Unanswered Questions ==
- I am a 16 years old male. Can I marry a non-Muslim? Why or why not?
- When you referred to deeds nobody can take from you (fasting), is that only fasting in Ramadan or at any time?
- Can you please clarify “friendship” between boys and girls? Especially in the workplace (or school), can you go on a lunch break with a group of both males and females?
- How can we protect ourselves from pornography?
- How important is having a third person CC’d in emails to keep away from getting into Haram?
- What about sins which involve other people? If you have wronged someone, how do you repent for that if you can and if you cannot contact them?
- In regards to faith and belief, to what extent are we as Muslims required to believe? If we find a story or an aspect that we find hard to digest, is this a sin? For example, if I find it difficult to comprehend that Jinns live amongst us, is this a grave sin? Is 100% faith required in all aspects and rulings?
- What should I do if I didn’t fast some days last Ramadan due to sickness and didn’t make up for them util this Ramadan came? I know that I still have to make up those days, but still know that I have to give some money. Can you tell me how much I should pay for each missed day? Can I pay all of it in a lump sum in advance?
- If blasphemy is to be penalized strongly, then what about the example of the Prophet (SAW) inquiring about the health of the woman who used to throw trash at him when she missed throwing trash one day because she was sick?
- How does a pilot pray or fast regularly, considering timezones, rest required, and passenger safety?
- Does not wearing a hijab to school make you a bad Muslim female, even if you are still dressing modestly?
- Can you recommend ways to sustain the spiritual energy and good habits gained during Ramadan?
- If you’ve sinned and repented, should you keep making istighfar for that sin or assume that Allah has accepted your repentance and move on?
- Why are Muslim men allowed to marry “People of the Book” (Christians, Jews) but Muslim women aren’t?
- How bad is marijuana in Islam? Is it on the same level of alcohol? I know that when you drink, for forty days and nights of worship, Allah will not accept your prayers. Is this the same with marijuana? Marijuana is not mentioned in the Qur’an.
- What is your advice on dealing with the opposite gender? Is it wrong to like a girl or pursue her during your late teens for the sake of marriage?
- I have had a lot of schoolwork lately and have spent most of Ramadan studying for exams. My parents have repeatedly told me to take advantage of this special month, but I don’t know how to balance my studies and ibadat (religion). What would you recommend?
- To what extent can spouses share their feelings of intimicay during Ramadan?
- I’ve been asking for forgiveness from Allah (SWT) in every prayer. However, I used to do the same sin after I asked for His forgiveness. Alhamdulillah, I don’t do those bad things anymore, but I feel like I haven’t been forgiven yet. How do I know that Allah really forgives me?
- When we have Laylatu al-Qadr in the US, it would be daytime overseas, and vice versa. Does this mean that when it is daytime here, it is also Laylatu al-Qadr?
- I am talking to a sister about marriage and I feel that we may be pushing the limits in what and how we talk. We are fairly certain that we want to get married and consider doing it in the last ten nights. Can you give some basic guidelines for how to talk to a sister about marriage? If we fear doing haram and are fairly sure we want to get married (after three months), should we just get married now?
- Is plucking eyebrows allowed in Islam?
- What is the best way to deal with a sibling that doesn’t want to pray?
- Does the nafl fasting on Monday and Thursday have the same reward directly from Allah (SWT)?
- Women usually miss several fasts each year due to menstruation. My mom was not able to make these up the last several years. She does not know how many she missed. What advice should I give her? To make all of them up or to feed people? What’s better?
- If you have tried to help a friend for over three years to bring them back to the deen because they had gone astray, but they still haven’t improved, what should you do?
- Some people in our culture have said it is OK to do “normal” things after iftar, such as movies, music, and so on. What is the proper answer for such a comment?
- How does qiyam al-layl apply at different timezones? If I live in the US and it is day, it is night in India, therefore are there any prayers similar to taraweeh during the day over here, while it is night elsewhere?
- In Somalian culture, they say it is haram to wear pants. Does it say that in the Qur’an?
- Is there any hadith or Qur’anic verse that says whether it is acceptable to pray with nail polish?
- How important is it for women to come to pray taraweeh and qiyam?
- If one has a gay relative who is not Muslim, are we supposed to disassociate ourselves from them completely? Also, are we supposed to disassociate ourselves from non-Muslim relatives who live with their boyfriend or girlfried unmarried?
- What is the wisdom behind not paying zakat on precious stones like diamonds?
- Can we keep paying zakat over the whole year instead of in one lump sum?
- My friend couldn’t fast because she is working long hours from early morning until 7pm, and she only prayed 16 days. She is giving food for iftar. Is this accepted from Allah?
Note Imam Zaid had to go early so we were not able to get all the Questions answered. However, we plan to answer them and post them soon inshallah.