As a virtual mosque, we strive to provide a safe space for learning and discussion. We would like to invite our readers to join this process. Everyone has a reflection to share, expertise on a specific topic, or a new idea. We hope, by opening up submissions from guest authors, that we can highlight the work of new, talented writers in our virtual community. If you feel like you have something you can contribute, submit a piece!
Send your piece to firstname.lastname@example.org. We evaluate each article and select it for publishing based on writing quality, content, and whether it fits the vision of the website (as found here.) Articles will be published under guest author status. Content must be original (i.e. not published elsewhere). We do not cross-post with other websites, with few exceptions.
Due to the large volume of submissions, here are some guidelines that will make the selection process faster. Please:
- Try to keep your article between 500-700 words. We will accept longer pieces, but we take length into consideration.
- If your article pertains to current events or is somehow time sensitive, please include “Time Sensitive” in the subject line of your email.
- Include a brief bio for yourself when submitting the piece.
- Answer these questions in your email:
- Has this been published elsewhere?
- Is this article solely your work?
- If you utilized any resources or references for your piece, have they all been properly cited?