Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala says in Surah Saad verse 29,
كِتَابٌ أَنْزَلْنَاهُ إِلَيْكَ مُبَارَكٌ لِيَدَّبَّرُوا آيَاتِهِ وَلِيَتَذَكَّرَ أُولُو الأَلْبَابِ
“(This is) a Mubaarak Book which We have sent down to you, that they may reflect upon its signs, and that men of understanding may remember.” (Saad: 38:29)
Mubaarak is that which is full of barakah. And barakah is from the root, ba ra kaaf (ب ر ك), and barakah is that which lasts long and has the ability to increase. When something is Mubaarak, it includes three meanings:
- It is a source of katheerul khayr, full of goodness. So Mubaarak is that which has a lot of good and is where unexpected and expected good is received.
- Source of katheerul fawaa’id, a lot of benefits.
- That which is thaabit, firm and has continuity. The blessings one receives from it is firm, it is not a temporary benefit but has permanence.
So how is the Qur’an Mubaarak? Let’s look at all three of these meanings:
- the Qur’an is a source of katheerul khayr: it is a guidance and mercy for the believers, it gives the news of Jannah, it is a healing, it contains commandments that guide us, it is a light, it is an admonition and advice from Allah, and it is a source of reward (10 rewards per letter).
- the Qur’an is a source of katheerul fawaa’id: it benefits in both this life and the next. In this dunya it is a furqaan for us-the criterion between right and wrong, it increases one in knowledge and it is a source of protection. In the aakhirah, it is a means to ascend to the highest levels of Jannah (hadeeth: iqra’ war taqi, read and ascend!), it an intercessor and shade for its companions, and it will accompany its readers in the grave.
- the Qur’an contains firm, continuous and permanent blessings: the Rabb Who revealed it is Blessed, the Prophet it was revealed to is blessed (alayhi salaatu wa salaam), the month it was revealed in is blessed, the night it was sent down in is blessed, the city it was revealed in is blessed, those who store it in their heart are blessed, those who learn it are blessed and those who teach it are blessed.
So ask yourself: am I missing out on this Mubaarak Book? Have you tasted some of its goodness, benefits and blessings?
may Allah ta’ala make us among the companions of the Qur’an, Ameen.
Mashallah, I love reading your posts. May we be amongst those who reap the blessings of this Mubarak Book, InshAllah.