Part I | Part II
All narrations classified as “authentic” by Shaykh al-Albani.
26. Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates, “The Prophet ﷺ (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) passed by me once while I was planting some crops. He said, ‘O Abu Hurayrah! What are you planting?’ I answered, ‘some crops.’ The Prophet ﷺ said, ‘Shall I inform you of crops which are far better than all this? Saying: “SubhanAllah” – ‘Glory be to Allah (and He is high above any imperfection)’ and “Alhamdulillah” – ‘All praise and thanks is for Allah alone’, and “Laa ilaha ilAllah” – ‘There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah’, and “Allahu Akbar” – ‘Allah is Greater than everything’. With every one of these [words], a tree will be planted for you in paradise’.” [Sunan ibn Majah]
27. Whoever is stingy about spending his wealth, and fears to fight the enemy, and is in terror of enduring the night should repeat frequently “SubhanAllahi wa biHamdihi” – ‘Glory be to Allah the Most Great and for Him is all praise’. By Him in whose Hand is my soul, they (those words) are more beloved to Allah than two mountains of gold and silver. [Abu Nu’aym]
28. Whoever enters a market and says: “Laa ilaaha illAllah waHdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul Hamdu yuHyi wa yumeetu wa huwa Hayyun laa yamoot, bi yadihil khayr, wahuwa `alaa kulli shay’in Qadeer” – ‘There is nothing worthy of worship but Allah, He is alone without partner, to Him belongs dominion and praise, he causes life and death and He is the Living and does not die. In His Hand is all the good, and He is over all things competent’; Allah will write for him a million good deeds, erase a million of his bad deeds and raise him a million levels and build for him a house in Paradise. [Tirmidhi]
29. Shall I guide you to something greater than remembering Allah (all) night and day? Say: “Alhamdulillahi `adada maa khalaq, Alhamdulillahi mil`a maa khalaq, Alhamdulillahi `adada maa fee-s-samawati wa maa fil`ardhi, Alhamdulillahi`’adada maa ahsaa kitabahu, wa Alhamdulillahi `alaa maa ahsaa kitaabahu, wa Alhamdulillahi `adada kuli shayy, wa Alhamdulillah mil`a kuli shayy” – ‘Praise be to Allah by the multitude of what He created; Praise be to Allah by the abundance of what He created; Praise be to Allah by the multitude of what is in the heavens and the earth; Praise be to Allah by the multitude of what His book enumerates; And Praise be to Allah for what His book enumerates; And Praise be to Allah as abundantly as everything.’ Then Glorify Allah similarly (by): learn these (phrases) and teach them to those who will follow after you. [At-Tabarani]
30. Whoever sends blessings on me (the Prophet ﷺ) 10 times in the morning and 10 times in the evening will have my intercession (Shafa’ah) on the Day of Judgment. [At-Tabarani]
31. Whoever says: “Radheetu billahi Rabba, wa bil Islaami Deena, wa bi Muhammad Nabiyya” – ‘I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, and with Islam as my Religion, and with Muhammad as my Prophet,’ Paradise would be (made) mandatory for him. [Abu Dawud]
32. Whoever supplicates for his brother (in Islam) in his absence, an angel is appointed to his side who says “Ameen (so be it) and may you also be blessed with the same.” [Muslim]
33. Whoever defends the honor of his brother in his absence will be entitled to Allah’s Protection from the Fire. [Tirmidhi]
34. Whoever removes a harmful thing from the path of the Muslims, Allah shall write for him a virtue whose reward is Paradise. [At-Tabarani]
35. Whoever extends the time to his debtor [to return the loan] , or forgives the debt, will be in the shade of the Throne (of Allah) on the Day of Resurrection. [Muslim]
36. Whoever gives respite to a poor person or writes off his debt, Allah will put him under His shade on a day on which there will be no shade except His (Judgment Day). [Muslim]
37. Whoever asks Allah for Paradise three times (Allahumma inni as’aluk al-Jannah), then Paradise will say: “O Allah! Enter him into Paradise!” And whoever seeks protection with Allah from the Fire three times (Allahumma najjini min an-Nar), the Fire will say: “O Allah! Protect him from the Fire!” [Tirmidhi]
38. Whoever is easy-going, gentle and kind, Allah will make the fire forbidden for him. [Hakim]
39. Whoever abstains from asking others for some financial help, Allah will give him (help) and save him from asking others; Allah will make him self-sufficient.” [Bukhari]
40. Whoever builds a Masjid for the sake of Allah even if it is like a nest which a bird builds for its eggs, Allah will build for him/her a house in Paradise. [Tirmidhi]
41. In Paradise there are rooms whose outside can be seen from the inside and the inside can be seen from the outside. Allah has prepared them for those who feed the poor, who are gentle in speech, who fast regularly and who pray at night when (other) people are asleep. [Ahmad]
42. If a Muslim plants a tree, or sows a field and men and beasts and birds eat from it, all of it is charity from him. [Muslim]
43. Whoever visited a sick person or visits his brother in Islam, a caller calls from the skies: “You have done well and your walk was good also, and you have earned a place in paradise”. [Tirmidhi]
44. If a man visits his sick Muslim brother, it is as if he walks reaping the fruits of Paradise until he sits, and when he sits he is showered in mercy, and if this was in the morning, seventy thousand angels pray for him until the evening, and if this was in the evening, seventy thousand angels pray for him until the morning. [Tirmidhi]
45. Whoever says, “Astaghfirullah al-lathi laa ilaha illa huwa, al-Hayyul Qayyum wa atubu ilayh” – ‘I ask forgiveness from Allah the One whom there is no deity worthy of worship except He, the Ever-Living and Sustainer and I repent to Him’ three times, Allah would forgive his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea. [Abu Dawud]
46. Shall I teach you some words that if you were to say them, Allah would forgive you? “Laa ilaha ilAllahul `Aliyyul ‘Adheem, laa ilaha ilAllahul Hakimul Kareem, la ilaha ilAllahu SubhanAllahi Rabbis-Samawaati as-Sabi’ wa Rabbil ‘Arshil ‘Adheem. Alhamdulillahil Rabbil `alameen” – ‘There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, The Most High, The Great. There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, The Most Wise, The Most Generous. There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, Glory be to Allah (and He is high above any imperfection), The Lord of the Seven Heavens and the Lord of the Great Throne. All praise and thanks is for Allah Alone, Lord of all that exists.’ [Ahmad]
47. From the acts that guarantee forgiveness is being generous with the spreading of salaam [i.e., frequently greeting] and good speech. [at-Tabarani]
48. Glad tidings for the one who finds in his book (i.e. his book of deeds) lots of seeking forgiveness (repentance). [ibn Majah]
49. He who has taken food and says at the end, ”Alhamdulillah’illadhi at`amani hadha, wa razzaqanihi min ghairi hawlin minni wa la quwwatin” – ‘All praise and thanks is due to Allah Who has given me food to eat and provided it without any endeavor on my part or any power,’ all his past sins will be forgiven.’ [Ahmad]
50. Whoever seeks forgiveness for believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man and believing woman. [At-Tabarani]
barak Allah lak. mash Allah very good list of virtuous deeds to do. jazak Allah khayr.
As salamu alaykum,
Thank you very much, beautiful work, I appreciate it deeply as a strong light in my way.
Barak Allah feek
seriously jazaki Allahu kul khayran. please keep sharing these immensely beneficial and easy reward reaps!
[…] Don’t cheat yourself out of good deeds by not knowing the virtues of them. Check it. P.P.S.: Shaykh Zahir Mahmood. End of […]
Subhan’Allah we really live in extraordinary times. Shaykh albani as in nasir albani (rahimullah)? Since when did muslims who claim to follow the salaf as-saalih take their ‘authentication of hadith’ from perosnalities that lived 1400 years after the Prophet saws???
Is this the same nasir albani (rahimullah) who came across a doctor in syria and was asked to relate 10 hadith with its sanad and he replied ‘ana muhadith kitab’ ya’ni i dont memorise hadith i read from books?
The same nasir albani who re-published ‘al adab al mufrad’ and removed hadiths that imam bukhari had published in his ORINGIAL version of ‘adab al mufrad’ Not only that but naming the book ‘SAHIH al adab al mufrad’ ya’ni im correcting imam bukhari. Subhan’Allah.
The same nasir albani who recieved an ijazah of tabbrak (a type of ijazah shaykhs give to students who have potential but not an OFICIAL ijazah giving them permission to relate their hadith transmission) from Shaykh Muhammad Raaghib al-Tabbaakh than claimed he recieved a real ijazah but yet to this day nobody has seen this ijazah.
This guy has a real cult following going on and as tiny as they are what suprises me is how if you ask them who do you follow, you get the reply ‘the salaf’ yet they take their legal rulings and ‘auhtentication’ of hadith from a scholar (rahimullah) who lived 1400 years after the salaf. We no longer say ‘Imam abu hanifa, malik, shafi and hanbal said’ (who were all of the salaf and memorised 100,000’s of hadith with sanad and followed the kitab and sunnah way better than any modern day scholar may Allah be pleased with them and those that follow them) now in 2011 we say ‘shaykh albani said’. Very ajeeb times we live in. We need to re-establish the sunnah not re-form it. Wallahu ‘alim
There is always two sides to every argument. True ignorance is when you have not even heard the other side yet you oppose it. Everybody knows the famous dua of imam shafi’ when he (may Allah be pleased with him) used to debate.
I dont care who you follow thats why you have been given free will to make your own decisions.
But for the open minded who want to understand the other side of the argument read a book called ‘tanaqadat al albani al wadihat’ and of course go and research everything i have said and find out wether it is true. And by research i dont mean ‘shaykh google’ i mean travel to the muslim world for example syria where albani (rahimullah) claims he recieved this ijazah and see what they say. Knowledge is transmitted through human beings not computers, so travel and sit with shaykhs. Travel anywhere from morocco to indonesia, the muslim world is huge. Walahu ‘alim wa billahi tawfiq. Was-salam
Jazak Allahu Khairan